Follow Us on Twitter for more immigration alerts!
Update: Senate Judiciary Committee approved an amended Immigration Bill on May 21.
On Tuesday, a bipartisan group of senators introduced a landmark 1000-page long immigration bill that would bolster border security, legalize undocumented immigrants and substantially increase the number of H-1B Visa and employment based green card.
The outline of the bill is available on myvisajobs.com document section and immigration blog. . Following are some highlights related to H-1B Visa and employment green card.
- H-1B Visas full outline on H1B Visa
- Increase H-1B base cap from 65,000 to 110,000, can go as high as 180,000
- Increase 20,000 exemption for U.S. advanced degree holders to be 25,000
- Employers must pay significantly higher wages for H-1B workers than under current law
- Spouses of H-1B workers(H-4 Visa holders) might get work authorization
- Dual intent visas for all students who come here on bachelor's degree programs or above
- Green Cards full outline on employment green card
- Merit based visa will award green card based on education, skills and employment
- Startup visa for foreign entrepreneurs
- Repeal Diversity Visa Program(Green Card Lottery)
- Repeal F4 green card category for brothers and sisters of U.S. citizens
- Exempts the following categories from the annual numerical limits on employment-based immigrants:
- derivative beneficiaries of employment-based immigrants
- aliens of extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education,business or athletics
- outstanding professors and researchers
- multinational executives and managers
- doctoral degree holders in STEM field
- physicians who have completed the foreign residency requirements or have received a waiver
The employers are always looking for skilled workers, make sure you polish your resume and update your career profiles regularly.
We are updating employers' contact information to make Resume Blasting and Smart Apply more accurate and effective. Try them now!