Immigration Blog

Do you meet H1B visa qualification requirements?

By Bill at November 12, 2014 19:00
Filed Under: Visa Knowledge
The H1B visa is a temporary worker visa in specialty occupations. To qualify for it, you must meet one of the following three education requirements:
  • You hold a bachelor's or higher degree in the specialty occupation from an accredited college or university.
  • You have 12 years of progressively responsible work experience in the specialty.
  • You have a combination of education and related professional work experience in the specialty. Three years of specialized experience is generally considered equivalent to one year of college education.

    For example, if you have a three year associate degree, you must have at least 3 year of relevant post-graduate experience to be qualified for H1B Visa. Click here to learn the Point System
If your degree was earned from a foreign country, then that degree must be determined to be the educational equivalent of a U.S. degree.

In addition, if the offered job is in the occupations that require licensure or professional credentials (e.g., doctor, dentist, CPA, attorney, registered nurse), you must already hold such qualification before the H1B visa petition can be filed or the licensure requirement has been waived.

To know more about H1B Visa or search all H1B Visa filed from 2001 to 2014, please visit our H1B Visa section.

If you qualify for H1B Visa, please search our Visa Sponsor Database and make sure you update your career profile regularly!