Browse Employers or  

Home > USA Visa > Student Visa: SEVIS Schools for F1, M1 Visa

F1 Student Work Authorization
F1 students are generally not permitted to work in the U.S, except for on-campus employment of 20 hours a week or less. However, they can get off-campus work authorization from USCIS using CPT(Curricular Practical Training), OPT Optional Practical Training or unforeseen severe economic hardship.

An April 2008 interim order allows students in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) majors to legally work under OPT for 29 months.
I-20 and F1 Visa, M1 Visa
In the United States, the F visas and M visas are a type of non-immigrant student visa that allows foreigners to pursue education (academic studies and/or language training programs) in the United States.

Form I-20 is a document issued by SEVIS authorized colleges, universities, and vocational schools that provides supporting information for the issuance of a student visa or change of status (F, J and M non-immigrant statuses).
SEVP(Student and Exchange Visitor Program) uses the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS), a web-based solution, to track and monitor schools and programs, students, exchange visitors and their dependents while approved to participate in the U.S. education system.

SEVP administers the F and M visa categories, while the Department of State manages the J exchange visitor program.
Search SEVIS I-20 Schools for F1 Visa, M1 Visa

Search over 9,000 schools certified by Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) and authorized to issue I-20 for F1, M1 and J1 visas.

Zip Code:

Student Visa Keywords Cloud
F Visa, M Visa, J Visa, Student Visa, OPT, CPT, SEVIS, SEVP, I-20 Form, F1 Visa, F2 Visa, M1 Visa, M2 Visa, J1 Visa, J2 Visa
Featured SEVIS Schools
Student Visa links

Green Card | H1B Visa | Student Visa | Work Visa | Immigration Attorney | About Us | Contact Us | FAQ | Visa Reports

Copyright © 2006 - 2023