Home > Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions/Help

About Services

Who are you? What services do you provide?
Founded in 2006, Myvisajobs is now the largest and most trusted employment website for immigrants. It uses quantitative modeling methods to analyze millions of working visa petitions and job openings from visa sponsors, and provides customized working visa solution to its members based on their skills and preferences.

Its major services include annual and quarterly Reports on H1B Visa and Green Card, Customized H1B Visa Solution, Visa Sponsor Profiles, and Resume Service for job applicants.

Users can also search and browse its employer, labor certification(LC), labor condition application(LCA), immigration attorney, SEVIS college and candidate databases.
What's the difference between myvisajobs.com and other job boards like monster.com and indeed.com?
Myvisajobs.com was created by immigrants to address the need of foreign workers. Foreigners need work authorization like H-1B visa to work in the United States. However, most American employers do not want to sponsor working visas, so most of your time will be wasted if you use the same job board as American candidates.

Myvisajobs.com helps the foreign workers to concentrate their job searches on the employers who have sponsored H-1B visa in recent years.

Many employers do sponsor working visa, but limit the sponsorship to certain locations or job categories. Myvisajobs.com also help foreigners apply for jobs in the areas that are most likely to get sponsorship.
Do you help people relocate to United States?
No. Myvisajobs is not employment agency or "job shop". We do not provide direct employment or relocation services. We are concentrating on providing better data services. Our members should search jobs and visa sponsors on our web site, and contact employers directly.
Do you provide legal advices on immigration matters?
No. Myvisajobs.com is not a law firm and we can not provide any legal services.
Can I use your services if I do not live in United States?
Yes, you can. More than one third of our members reside outside of  the United States. Many employers are willing to hire foreign workers directly from overseas. Actually, nearly half foreign workers do not live in the United States when their H-1B visa petitions are approved.

For example, the number of aliens outside the United States approved for initial H-1B employment increased from 35,401 in fiscal year 2018 to 53,311 in fiscal year 2019.

About Jobs & Employers

Will employers sponsor working visa for all new jobs listed on your web site?
No. Most new jobs on myvisajobs.com come from employers who have sponsored working visa before. However, whether the employers will sponsor working visa depends on various factors, including candidate qualification, job market, skill sets required, work location, etc. Anyway, it does not hurt to apply.
How do I apply for new jobs?
Most job openings in the United States are never advertised. Only 12-14% of of external hires in the United States come from job boards. So you should use proactive strategy to pitch the employers.

First you should search employers who have sponsored foreign workers having skills and background similar to yours, and then you should contact the employers directly.
How do I find employers who have sponsored foreign workers having skills and background similar to mine?
Once you complete your career profile including education, occupation, skills, job title and personal preferences, our smart engine will pick employers, metropolitan areas and industries that have largest number of work visa job opportunities for you.

You can also search our employer and labor certification(H-1B Visa and Green Card) databases by yourself, and then contact the employers.
How do I contact employers?
Once you find the employer, you can get its contact information from the Contact section of the sponsor profile. The information contained in this section must be of the employees who are authorized to act on behalf of the employer in labor certification matters. They cannot be agents or attorneys, unless they are direct employees of the employer.

You can call or email the contact persons to enquiry job opportunities. We recommend you send your resume with a brief cover letter.

Our Email Match Service can automatically match you to potential employers. You could upgrade to download the email list and send your resume and cover letter to them directly.

About Databases

How many databases do you have?
How big is your database?
Our databases have over 10 millions of visa and job related records. The databases are updated daily. For details, please visit About Us page.
How do you collect and analyze your data? Are they reliable?
In last several years, our team of software developers and data analysts have developed a proprietary system to collect, clean, analyze and report visa jobs related data. We are proud to be the most reliable visa job data service provider.
What does Certified-Withdrawn mean in LCA database?
A certified labor condition application (LCA) may be withdrawn at any time, provided the employee benefiting from the LCA is not currently working for the employer and the Administrator has not commenced an investigation.
What does Maximum Proffered Wage or LCA_CASE_WAGE_RATE_TO mean in LCA database?
When applying for LCA, the employer could either provide a single proffered wage(Wage_Rage_From) or a range between Wage_Rate_From and Wage_Rage_To. The real proffered wage must be higher than or equal to Wage_Rage_From, which must be higher than or equal to prevailing wage.

About Registration & Membershipp

Do I have to pay to become a member?
No. Basic membership is free, but some services are only available to members who have made contributions. Please read the Membership Comparison Chart
How can I become a Contributing Member?
We provide several options for you to become a contributing member: making payment, recommending our web site and adding links to your web pages.

If you are a student or recent graduate, you can contact the career services department and ask if the it has partnership with myvisajobs.com. If yes, you will be able to get free upgrade.
What are the differences between Free Basic Membership and Contributing Membership?
Most of the service and information on our website are free. However, some premium features are only available to upgraded members. Please read the Membership Comparison Chart.
What should I do if I forget my user name and password?
You can use our Forget User Name and Password feature to recover user name and reset password.
Is my personal information safe??
Yes. I will never sell or share your personal information with other companies. If you have created a career profile, you can update your privacy setting at any time. 
How do I unsubscribe from your newsletter??
At the bottom of every newsletter, you can find a link to unsubscribe. Just click on the link and your email address will be added to our Do Not Send list.
How do I delete my account?
You can log into your account, and then click the Delete Account link under Account tab.

Once deleted, your account could not be recovered. If you want to access our services again, you will have to create a new account.

If you are concerned about your privacy, you do not have to delete account, you can simply change your privacy setting.

About Payment & Refund

How can I make payment?
We have been PayPal Verified since January 2004. Even if you do not have a PayPal account, you can still pay through PayPal using your credit card or bank account without creating an account.

We do not accept wire transfer, check, money order or cash.
Do you accept Credit Card?
Yes, we accept credit card payment through PayPal. You do not have to create PayPal account to make credit card payment. We will never know your credit card number.
Do you accept payment directly from bank account?
Yes, we accept bank account payment through PayPal. You do not have to create PayPal account to transfer money from your bank. We will never know your bank account number.
What's your refund policy?
We are so confident in our services that we provide 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you are not happy with our services, please just tell us how we should improve, we will issue the refund right away.  

There will be $1 transaction fee for refunding Contributing Membership upgrade.

You should always contact us directly to get prompt refund.

To prevent people from using Email Match Service as spam, we charge 30% refund fee.

To prevent people from abusing our refund policy, members can only get 50% of the entitled refund if they have received one refund before. Members can not get any refund if they have received two refunds before.  Members can  no longer ask for refund, if the upgraded membership will expire in less than 10 days.

What should I do to get refund?
Please take following steps to request the refund:
  1. Visit Contact Us page and select Billing Department.
  2. Confirm that you have read and agreed above refund policy.
  3. Provide the specific reasons you want to cancel so we can improve our services. If you did not get what you expected, please tell us what you were looking for. Vague reasons like 'not happy' or 'not useful' or 'no job offers' will not be accepted.
  4. Forward PayPal payment confirmation email to refund@myvisajobs.com, indicating your username. The information is required, because people often use different email address or other people's PayPal account to make payment. Buyer and seller get different transaction ID from PayPal.
  5. We will issue the refund usually within 1-2 business day, if not same day.
  6. You will receive refund confirmation email immediately after the refund is issued. However, it will take another 2-5 business days for the fund to arrive your credit card or bank account.
Can I contact PayPal or credit card company directly to get refund?
You should always contact us directly to get refund. We usually issue refund within hours after receiving complete refund requests. This makes our operation more efficient and our services less expensive.

If you dispute the transactions through PayPal or your credit card company or your bank, the refund process will become much longer and more costly. Some financial institutions hold the fund during investigation. We also have to present your usage and upgrade evidence to help the investigation.

If you do not get refund from us after submitting the request, you can still dispute the transaction through PayPal and present our refund policy as your evidence.
Would you automatically bill me every month??
No. All payments are one time only. We will never automatically renew your contributing membership. Actually, we can not do that as PayPal take care of all our transactions.
PayPal do not provide services in my country? What should I do?
Currently we only accept payment through PayPal. If you do not have friends or family members living outside of your country, we suggest you use other options to become a contributing member, for example, recommend our services to your college. 

You can search PayPal Alternative services online.
I just upgraded my membership, but I still can not see the Contributing Member Only pages. What's going on?
After you make payment on PayPal, you will receive a confirmation email from us and your membership should be upgraded within a couple of minutes.

If you still have problem accessing Contributing Member area after 5-10 minutes, please restart your browser to clear the cache.

New Jobs | Green Card | H1B Visa | Student Visa | Work Visa | Immigration Attorney | About Us | Contact Us | FAQ | Visa Reports

Copyright © 2006 - 2024