USCIS announced final rules to strengthen the integrity of and reduce fraud in the H-1B registration processSummary:USCIS has implemented new rules to enhance fairness and reduce fraud in the H-1B registration process, introducing a beneficiary-centric selection system and requiring passport details for each beneficiary.
The registration period for the FY 2025 H-1B cap will be open from March 6, 2024, to March 22, 2024.Each beneficiary would have the same chance of being selected, regardless of the number of registrations submitted on their behalf.
On January 31, USCIS announced final rules to strengthen the integrity of and reduce fraud in the H-1B registration process.
Summary of the USCIS Announcements:
- H-1B Registration Final Rule:
- USCIS has introduced a final rule to enhance the integrity of the H-1B registration process and minimize the potential for fraud.
- A beneficiary-centric selection process will be implemented, ensuring fair chances for all beneficiaries.
- Passport information or valid travel document details for each beneficiary must be provided during registration.
- The rule allows flexibility in the requested employment start date for certain H-1B cap petitions.
- USCIS can now deny or revoke H-1B petitions if the registration contained false information or if the associated fee is invalid.
- FY 2025 H-1B Cap Initial Registration Period:
- The registration period for the FY 2025 H-1B cap will be open from March 6, 2024, to March 22, 2024.
- Prospective petitioners must register beneficiaries electronically through a USCIS online account during this period.
- Organizational Accounts and Online Filing:
- USCIS will launch organizational accounts on Feb. 28, 2024, allowing collaboration within organizations for H-1B registrations and petitions.
- Online filing for Form I-129 and associated Form I-907 for non-cap H-1B petitions will begin on Feb. 28, 2024.
- Online filing for H-1B cap petitions and associated Forms I-907 will start on April 1, 2024.
- Petitioners can still opt for paper filing but will be unable to link paper-filed forms to online accounts during the initial launch.
- Fee Schedule Final Rule:
- The new Fee Schedule final rule will be effective after the initial registration period for the FY 2025 H-1B cap.
- The registration fee for March 2024 will remain $10.
- Form I-907 Fee Increase:
- A final rule will increase the filing fee for Form I-907, effective Feb. 26, 2024.
- Filings postmarked on or after this date with an incorrect fee will be rejected, and the fee will be returned.
These changes aim to improve the H-1B process, enhance transparency, and prevent potential fraud, with an emphasis on fairness and electronic efficiency. For further details and updates, visit the USCIS website.