Home > Visa Sponsor > University Of Michigan - Report

University Of Michigan visa:2276 rank:74
Follow | Edit or Claim
International Center Ann Arbor, MI 48109Alert: 58 LCs denied or withdrawn!
  1. Report
  2. Contact
  3. Visa
  4. Salary
  5. Occupation
  6. Location
  7. Review
University Of Michigan has filed 1986 labor condition applications for H1B visa and 100 labor certifications for green card from fiscal year 2020 to 2022. University Of Michigan was ranked 74 among all visa sponsors. Please note that 53 LCA for H1B Visa and 5 LC for green card have been denied or withdrawn during the same period.
Contact(edit) NameJob TitlePhoneEmail
LCA for H1B VisaUgo BuzziImmigration Adviser17347634 xxxx xxxx
LC for Green CardDavid Muusz-(734) 763 xxxxxxxx
sign in to view all contacts
H1B VisaSalaryCertifiedCertified-Withdrawn(?) DeniedWithdrawn
2024Total: 188 search 2024 new filings
Green CardSalaryCertifiedCertified-ExpiredDeniedWithdrawn
2024Total: 2 search 2024 new filings
Willful Violator:No  (?) H1B Dependent:No  (?)
Economic Sector:Educational Services
NAICS Industry:Colleges, Universities, and Professional Schools

Green Card Applicant Profile:
Citizenship:India(23); China(22); Canada(6); Mexico(5); Italy(3); South Korea(3); United Kingdom(3); Brazil(2); Germany(2); Egypt(2); Bangladesh(2); Australia(2)
Class of Admission:H-1B(87); F-1(6); TN(2); J-1(1)
Degree:Doctorate(66); Master's(24); Other(5); Bachelor's(4); None(1)
College:University Of Michigan(7); Carnegie Mellon University(4); Columbia University(3); Duke University(2); Aligarh Muslim University(2); Massachusetts Institute Of Technology(2); Princeton University(2); University Of Oxford(2); Ain Shams Universtiy(1); Acharya Nagarjuna University(1); College Of William Mary(1); Center For Research And Advanced Studies Cinestav(1)
Major:Computer Science(16); Economics(5); Medicine(4); Computer Science And Engineering(3); Humancomputer Interaction(3); Bioinformatics(2); Biotechnology(2); Accounting(2); Civil Engineering(2); Electrical Engineering(2); Electronics Engineering Foreign Equivalent(2); Mechanical Engineering(2)

Job Locations and Occupation:
Hot H1B Job Locations:Ann Arbor,MI(1860) Dearborn,MI(49) Flint,MI(18) New York,NY(5) Detroit,MI(4)
Hot H1B Visa Jobs:Postdoctoral Research Fellow(644) Assistant Professor(191) Research Investigator(158) Assistant Research Scientist(72) Research Lab Specialist Associate(66)
Hot Green Card Jobs:Assistant Professor(45) Research Investigator(4) Clinical Assistant Professor(3) Research Lab Specialist(3) Assistant Research Scientist(2)

Hot H1B Occupations:Medical Scientists, Except Epidemiologists(326) Biochemists and Biophysicists(191) Molecular and Cellular Biologists(105) Bioinformatics Scientists(67) Health Specialties Teachers, Postsecondary(63)
Hot Green Card Occupations:Computer Science Teachers, Postsecondary(14) Engineering Teachers, Postsecondary(10) Business Teachers, Postsecondary(6) Bioinformatics Scientists(5) Biochemists and Biophysicists(5)

Note: Before University Of Michigan can hire foreign workers permanently or temporarily, it must file labor certifications with the Department of Labor(DOL), demonstrating that it is paying the required wage for the positions in the geographic region where the jobs are located. Above table reports Labor Condition Application(LCA) for H1B visa and Labor Certification(LC) for green card filed by University Of Michigan. The data only indicates the number of applications filed by University Of Michigan. It does not mean that University Of Michigan actually got the visa and hired the workers.

Our LCA data includes LCA submitted for not only new employment, but also continuation or change in previously approved employment, new concurrent employment, change in employer and amended petition. Usually, only LCA for new employment needs H1B Visa quota if it is not cap-exempt.

University Of Michigan has applied for 2,276 LC and LCA from fiscal year 2021 to 2023. But this does not mean they really hired 2,276 foreign workers during this period. The visa applications might have been denied. When an employee renews or transfers his H1B visa or change work location under some circumstances, he will also file a new LCA application.

Department of Labor(DOL) typically certifies more than 3 times the number of foreign work requests than the number of H1B visas issued by USCIS. So there is no one to one relationship between the number of workers certified by the DOL and the number of H1B work visas issued by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Green Card | H1B Visa | Work Visa | About Us | Contact Us | FAQ | Visa Reports

Copyright © 2006 - 2024